Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Montana de Oro, January 30-31, 2010

It has been wet this winter. Mentally and emotionally I cannot handle another year of drought, so I am happy to have the rain, but ugh, this time of year I go to the ranch, smell the monkey-pee-drenched-zoo smell, look at the horse up to her knees in sticky mud, and wonder why I didn't take up motorcycles instead. A few of my horse peeps and I headed south to Montana de Oro, to escape the mud and find a little bit of spring, if only for the weekend. Juliet cam on the trail to the beach:

Beautiful ride:

On the beach with Evelyn and Polli:

We stayed at the Sea Pines golf resort, which has a few horse corrals across the street and is walking distance to the park. Go there soon, one of the employees told us a grocery store is planned on the parcel where the corrals are located. Thanks Kerry for these pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment