Thursday, March 11, 2010

Wisconsin, March 3-9, 2010

In summary: I ate my way through Wisconsin. It was rad.

I arrived Wednesday and had dinner with mom at Swig in Milwaukee's hip Third Ward neighborhood. Thursday dad picked me up and drove me to Madison, then Heather, Francesco and I had dinner at L'Etoile, a Madison institution (fancy artisanal Wisconsin cheese: check). The L'Etoile people were swooning over Francesco, it was like being with Bono at the World Economic Forum. Friday dad and I had lunch with my aunt Audrey (frozen custard: check), then dinner at Francesco's restaurant, Osteria Papavero, the best eats in Madison (Francesco's restaurant: check).

Saturday we headed back to Milwaukee, picked up Noam at the airport, then went to the Iron Horse for lunch (brat: check, Miller High Life: check). Monday mom and I went to Sheboygan to visit my cousin Jennifer and her family. We had lunch at the excellent Field to Fork, a localvore restaurant (deep fried cheese curds: check). (A localvore restaurant in Sheboygan! I know! Amazing, isn't it?)

These are the only pictures I managed to take on the trip: me admiring the cream city brick, a cream-colored brick made from clay found on the western side of Lake Michigan, in the Third Ward.


Noam after assembling mom's new TV:


No comments:

Post a Comment