Thursday, September 30, 2010

Crown Lake, August 16-19, 2010

Campsite inventories and obliterations at Crown Lake. I'm sitting on Franky, Coco is carrying the tools, and Lisa is carrying some bear-resistant boxes. Coco likes to lean on the rope, which I did not enjoy at the time, but now I am amazed at and thankful for how strong my lats are after a summer of dragging her around.
Crown Lake from the overlook, Wishon's best view:
Our campsite, near the overlook:
On the last work day before we rode out, I felt the beginning of a cold, so I stayed in camp and rested. It was a good decision - the rest of the crew found a boy scout toilet to obliterate that day. I was not sad to miss that. I have the best luck when it comes to boy scout toilets, there are thousands, nay, millions of them scattered throughout the Sierra National Forest, and I always manage to just miss being there when they need to be obliterated. The last night, we burned the toilet and roasted marshmallows. Below, Franky and I are both very disciplined about hydrating:

No comments:

Post a Comment